cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPF 9400 printing after update to catalina (10.15.1)

jadeccs
Contributor

Having troubles printing after updating to Catalina.  Is there a driver update in development or any solutions?  print and job disappears after hitting the print spooler.

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I think you'll need to contact Canon about this.  1-800-423-2366

The printer is approx 7 yrs old.  Hard to say if it will get Catalina specific driivers.  I'd call, as the best we can do is guess.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Those drivers are from 2013 and are 32bit.  I ended up pulling an old 13" macbook out of storage and sharing the IPF9400 printer.  Seems to be working just can't run media configuration tool anymore.  Thanks for the help

I ended up pulling an old 13" macbook out of storage and sharing the IPF9400 printer.  Seems to be working just can't run media configuration tool anymore.  Thanks for the help

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast
The Catalina driver formac10.15.0 is 32 bit?

I'm guessing, canon has not gotten back.  The only driver that shows up is an ICC Profile.  If you select 10.5 from the drop down no drivers are available.  

I'm sorry. You're right. I didn't see this at the bottom of the page: 

There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.

Nice workaround by the way. I use the network to mitigate a lot of little bugs between devices. It's nice to use as a middleware layer between devices that need to talk.

I think Apple's decision to stop supporting 32bit applications in 10.15 Calatina is going to hurt more than help people who like jadeccs has a mature but perfectly good/working piece of hardware.      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I think you're right. Apple's decision to stop supporting 32bit applications was a bad move for consumers and every company that supports the Apple OS. It has to be very tiring for a company to keep with writing drivers non-stop to support Apple's constant OS updates. And I've looked and looked, and the bulk of these updates only benefit Apple SW and services, pushing people forward at break-neck speed so they can sell more of their own goods and services. 

Certainly I have an upgrade coming for my camera room, and it will not be Apple. Windows 10 is compatible with some legacy hardware I use that is worth tens of thousands of dollars, and Apple is out. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements