Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

IJ Printer Driver Could Not Be Installed

Just received my new Pro-1000 printer and during Laptop installation the installer finds the printer but stops indicating "IJ Printer Driver Could Not Be Installed".  I'm dying to print something!  Any ideas?  Thanks

Highlighted

Re: IJ Printer Driver Could Not Be Installed

Hi DoRag! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply and sorry I forgot the details...just a bit frustrated as I have tried everything I know.  OS is Windows 10 Pro.  BTW not time sensitive just excited to finally get the printer.  I tried calling support but they closed until tomorrow,  I am sure they will be able to bet me going.  Thanks again!   

New Contributor

UPDATE:  I reached Canon support (David) and he zoned in on the issue.  The driver .exe file would not execute even though I disabled the Anti-Virus, so he patiently guided me to the proper file where we opend it and ran the program.  The driver installed and I was printing within 30 minutes!  This printer is AMAZING!