cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Printer Driver Could Not Be Installed

DoRag
Apprentice

Just received my new Pro-1000 printer and during Laptop installation the installer finds the printer but stops indicating "IJ Printer Driver Could Not Be Installed".  I'm dying to print something!  Any ideas?  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi DoRag! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply and sorry I forgot the details...just a bit frustrated as I have tried everything I know.  OS is Windows 10 Pro.  BTW not time sensitive just excited to finally get the printer.  I tried calling support but they closed until tomorrow,  I am sure they will be able to bet me going.  Thanks again!   

UPDATE:  I reached Canon support (David) and he zoned in on the issue.  The driver .exe file would not execute even though I disabled the Anti-Virus, so he patiently guided me to the proper file where we opend it and ran the program.  The driver installed and I was printing within 30 minutes!  This printer is AMAZING!

Announcements