cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I9100 driver

coopejam22
Apprentice

I have an i9100 connected to a Mac running OSX 10.14.1  Neither Canon nor Apple have updated the drivers for this printer in quite some time.  When I try to print from elements or iphoto or easy  image print the colors are all wrong.  I have tried to set color managment so that elements controls the printing but to do so you must turn off color management in the printer.  The last updated Canon driver does not let you do this.  Is there any way to rectify this.  I hate to trash a perfectly good printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi coopejam22,

The 10.51.2.0 version of the driver may or may not function in the Mojavev10.14 environment. If it does work, there may be some limitations which are unknown to Canon.

If you wanted to consider it, you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I can’t speak directly to your printer, but generally the macOS will turn off color management automatically. If you go to the driver you should see the option grayed out and ColorSync will have a black dot.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thx for your note.  The driver I am using is 10.51.2.0 and it shows nothing about Colorsync at all.  When you check the preferences default is simple indicates that Canon color matching is being used and gives no opportunity to change that.

Are there any universal drivers that might work, not necessarily from Canon?  thx

"I hate to trash a perfectly good printer."

I hear you, but for $110 you can get a brand new Pixma PRO-100 with $44 worth of paper and a complete set of ink. Net cost of printer ($66 - less than the cost of a complete set of ink for your current printer). Check out B&H Photo (and probably others)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thx....I'll check that out

Hi coopejam22,

The 10.51.2.0 version of the driver may or may not function in the Mojavev10.14 environment. If it does work, there may be some limitations which are unknown to Canon.

If you wanted to consider it, you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thx....I will call and loo into that

Announcements