cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Avoid Paper Abrasion when using Professional Print and Layout software

amv8
Contributor

Hello:

I'm using the Pro-1000 printer and usually print through the Professional Print and Layout (PP&L) software on MacOS either as a plug-in to PS or as a standalone application.  There are a number of printer settings that can't be controlled through Professional Print and Layout, but can from the standard print driver, for example, "Avoid Paper Abrasion."  How can I set Avoid Paper Abrasion when using the PP&L application?  Can I set it using the menu on the printer and the printer will just retain it unless it is changed again on the printer or changed via the print driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called Canon Support.  They said that my initial hunch was correct.  If you set Avoid Paper Abrasion on the printer's operational panel, that setting will be retained and used by Professional Print & Layout.  Of course, you need to remember to turn the setting off on the panel when you don't want to be using it.

Since I had the gentleman on the phone, I also confirmed that there is no way to delete a stored setting with Professional Print & Layout.  You would have to reinstall the application.  I would consider that a bug.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

That is strange for PP&L, since it is possible in PSP. But it is a convoluted process.

Thanks!  Yes, that's a convoluted process, but it appears to work with PP&L too! 

Announcements