cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print B&W on Pixma Pro 100s using Mac?

snerkler
Apprentice

Hi,

As per the title how do I print in B&W/grayscale on the Canon Pixma Pro 100s using a Mac? When using PC you get the option to check the box saying black and white in the printer driver settings, but on Mac there isn't one. If you go to colour matching you get the option for colour sync where you get the option of Auto or choosing a colour profile, or canon color matching. If you go to colour options you can fine tune CMY etc, but still no B&W option

Can anyone help please?

8 REPLIES 8

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't use a Mac but why are you not just doing this in the post editor like LR or PS or some other editor?  That is where it is normally done?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/the-buried-mac-setting-that-can-save-your-inkjets-color-ink/

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the link, that works 🙂

@ebiggs I'm just interested to see if it saves the colour ink and printing from LR still uses the colours even though the image is B&W

I have read online (FWTW) that the Grayscale option should only be used when you want to convert color images.

If you have a B&W file it should be printed "normally" since the inks are not pure black The printer driver adds small amounts of color to compensate for the ink and paper properties.

You will be able to verify/disprove this with your own testing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. Yes this was my concern was was going to run small proofs before printing large.

I concer.  It will not save your color inks.  The printer and all I know of are not capable of printing 256 scales of gray with one, two or even three black cartridges,  It does make sense?

The Pro-100 can not print true B&W at all.  Another factor is the paper you select.  Red River has special B&W paper for this printer.  Check them out.

EB

Thanks, I'll look into that paper. I'm just using Canon Pro Platinum at the mo. I've heard that there are some papers that almost give a metallic look and look good with B&W, any idea what this might be?

Contact Red River. I use Polar Pearl Metaclic.

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements