cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...how do I get my Pro-100 printer to connect to new Netgear Router ?

OverRunWithSons
Contributor

I figured out how to do this on my HP printer.. but this canon has no buttons to enter a Password for a new router...   this is probably an easy process but I am lost.  All there is -is the ON button and the one below it.. and a Wi-Fi (in blue) indicator.. how do you set this up with a new Router ?? 

the WiFi button is lit up blue... but it says ERROR if I try to print. I need some way to enter a Password for this new Router in there ?  Help !  And thank you ..

5 REPLIES 5

BillS
Mentor

Hi OverRunWithSons,

If the network changes, the printer will need to have the new configuration installed.  I have included full instructions for doing so HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So in other words.. I need to get the installation CD out and do it all over again ? Do I need to remove it first in add / remove programs before I do this ??

The last router .. we didn't use a password.. this time our kids put a password on the Router.. will thsi need to be entered somewhere to make this printer work again ?

Hi OverRunWithSons,

The link directs you to the Canon website, so that you can install the most current drivers.  The installation CD should not be necessary. 

If you are using Windows, you probably will want to delete the printer drivers, as re-installing will add an additional instance of the printer onto your computer.  If you are using Macintosh, the new driver should simply overwrite the old.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ok... we got it... son came home... was a simple process... in case anyone else needs to read this ... 

1).... Hold WiFi button on Pro-100 printer... then go to router (we have a new Netgear AC1600 Mdel C6259)  and press the 

WPS button on the side .... the printer will be blinking.. then the white on/off button will also start blinking... then everything is steady and both are lit up (on/ off white - and Wi-fi Blue)... I guess that re-set it... didn't have to enter a password or anything.. then I printed a picture and it worked !

Announcements