cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble connecting PIXMA PRO-100 to Wi-Fi *wirelessly*

eerriinn
Apprentice

Hi, I’m going to try to explain this the best I can. 

My wifi router was recently changed, and now I cannot connect my Pixma Pro-100 printer to it. I must note that I am not trying to do this through a Mac or PC, but wirelessly through WPS setup like I did with the last router (no issues at all). I have tried connecting it the normal way numerous times, and even printed out the configuration page to see it was still “connected” to the old wifi, but have since reset the printer and disconnected it. What I have noticed is that when I try the normal way (pressing router button and printer’s wifi button, waiting for solid light), both the power and wifi buttons on the printer will flash, go solid for a second, and then the orange light comes on; and the router’s solid light comes on fairly fast. It’s as if they know they’re trying to connect to each other but something is stopping them from doing so. I am pretty sure my wifi has the frequency(?) to support the printer, so I don’t know what the problem could be.

Hopefully this made sense. I appreciate any help or advice. Thank you #PIXMA PRO-100

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer requires a 2.4Ghz broadcast that supports WPA2 / AES encryption.  Routers that use the same name for all broadcasts can have issues.  Giving the networks unique names can help.  You can also try temporarily disabling the 5, 6, or 7G broadcasts while connecting to the 2.4 broadcast, then re-enable them.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for the suggestion, I didn’t even know I could do that. I did end up disabling the other broadcasts while trying to connect the printer, but unfortunately it did not work. I appreciate the help, and will keep this in mind for any future devices that may have the same problem.

Stephen

Hello, and welcome to the Canon Community!

I wanted to chime in with a little tidbit that might be helpful. Some newer WiFi systems are also starting to come with the newer WPA3, which was only certified in 2020. Your printer isn't capable of WPA3, so if your router doesn't have WPA2 enabled, your printer won't be able to establish a secure connection. 

Personally, I have my priority devices (my computers and phones) on my normal SSID, and I have the IOT devices (printers, cameras, lights, Roomba, and other Smart Home devices) on a separate IOT SSID because they usually don't support WPA3 or very fast speeds. If WPA3 is enabled, and you want to keep the higher security on your priority devices, this might be something to consider! 😊

Thank you for this insight. Sadly, this method did not work either. However I am going to keep searching for a solution. Appreciate the help.

Announcements