cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE! Canon Pixma Pro 100 FADED IMAGES

MarcyP
Contributor

HELP!

I was first using my Canon Pixma Pro to print reproductions of paintings I have done. I was using it at first with my Lenovo Yoga 2 with NO ISSUES. Then, 2 days after getting the printer, I upgraded to a Macbook Air because my Lenovo died. Ever since using my Mac with the printer I have had nothing but problems. 

Long story short, AFTER figuring out how to change the settings so photoshop managed the colors, THEN figuring out the ICC Profile that best worked for my prints, and running through TONS of test prints, when I finally get things worked out and am printing off prints I actually like, they all of a sudden start getting lighter and more faded. The images almost look like they are clouded or printing with a cloudy filmn over them. Not at all clear. The Ink levels are fine and not near needing to be replaced. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! Someone please help me! I can't figure it out! 

26 REPLIES 26

@MarcyP wrote:
Yes I downloaded the canon driver and installed it from the website! I’m currently operating the MacOS version 10.14.6

OK. Then install the IJ Series version of the printer and see if that addresses your problem.

Since you are running Mojave we can discount the Catalina issue.

The AirPrint driver is an Apple driver that is limited in capability. Its main purpose is to allow printing from iOS devices like iPad and iPhone.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I learned to do test prints for color and value, all of which came out the same, washed out and faded. 

MarcyP
Contributor
How do I include a picture?

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 12.17.15 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 12.20.28 PM.jpg

MarcyP
Contributor
I also have been on the phone with canon support and we couldn’t get it figured out 😭

Hi MarcyP,

What type of paper are you printing with?

Have you edited the photos before printing them?

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

2EF8AFFF-0672-4437-B396-FCFF43B2A37C.jpeg

Again, had no issue printing when using my Lenovo yoga and even briefly while using my Mac. 

@MarcyP wrote:

Again, had no issue printing when using my Lenovo yoga and even briefly while using my Mac. 

If I understand correctly the MacBook prints were OK initially and then changed in output. Is that correct?

Download and print the test image from this site. Open it in your software but don't make any adjustments to the image, regardless of how it looks on the screen of your MacBook.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Let us know how it looks.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello.

Check to make sure that the correct side of the paper is being printed on.  Also, make sure that the appropriate media type is being selected in the print menu before you send the print job.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements