cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equal Margins?

Tinman
Enthusiast

How do I print a photo with equal margins? I am using Mac OS X 10.8.5, Lightroom 4.4, and Canon Print Studio Pro 1.3.0. For both of these programs, when I adjust the slider for one side the margin for the other side will also change. This happens with all paper sizes. I want the margins to be equal.

Thanks for your help.

Nikon D600; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G, 85mm f/1.8G, 70-300mmG f/4.5 - 5.6 VR
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tinman,

You can print equal borders with either Lithroom or the Print Studio Plugin. It is however import to set the proper cropping within Lightroom for the photograph and the targeted medium.

For a 0.200" border around an image for a 4"x6" print, crop to 3.6"x5.6" and set the border with Print Studio Pro plugin to 0.2, also set to center the image.

It has been working great for me.

Hope this helps.

Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You mean you want the white boarder equal all the way around your photo?

That will depend not only the margins you select but the print size and the paper it is printed on.

You can add a stroke (LR) around a print and use a paper trimmer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

You mean you want the white boarder equal all the way around your photo? 

Yes.

That will depend not only the margins you select but the print size and the paper it is printed on.

I have tried on 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 8.5x11, and 13x19, paper and I have selected the print size to match the paper size.

Is there a way to have equal margins without trimming?

Tinman,

You can print equal borders with either Lithroom or the Print Studio Plugin. It is however import to set the proper cropping within Lightroom for the photograph and the targeted medium.

For a 0.200" border around an image for a 4"x6" print, crop to 3.6"x5.6" and set the border with Print Studio Pro plugin to 0.2, also set to center the image.

It has been working great for me.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Thanks for the reply, I am going to try it out now.

Announcements