cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double color management ?

Bunsen
Apprentice

When ever I try to printing photographs on the Canon pro 100 printer using an ICC profile and software color management I  get prints with a magenta color cast. I believe this is due to double color managemant?

If I set the software to allow the printer to manage colors the colors are OK but I need to increase the pring brightness and the prints on the standard settings are mush too dark.

How can I print from Lightroom and Photoshop using an ICC profile for my paper and not have the problem of the color cast inb the prints.

I ca't find anywhere to turn off color management in the printer set up.

I am using Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC on an IMAC computer and Canon Pro 100 printer. My computer display has been calibrated using a Spyder 4 and screen brightness has been turned down to a level recommended for photopraph processing.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you add IJ Network printer you will get a printer setting window like this and just work through the dropdowns to select your options.

Then choose paper type and settings in Lightroom.

Fullscreen_9_10_15__1_52_PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Using PSP

Fullscreen_9_10_15__1_58_PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

On the Mac you don't get the option. Be sure you have added the printer in System Preferences using the IJ printer version, not the Bonjour version.

I am working on my PC now, but I will get on my MacBook and see if I can get some screen shots.

The other thing I recommend is starting out using Canon Print Studio Pro. That takes care of all the settings so you can at least besure everythig is working OK.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If you add IJ Network printer you will get a printer setting window like this and just work through the dropdowns to select your options.

Then choose paper type and settings in Lightroom.

Fullscreen_9_10_15__1_52_PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Using PSP

Fullscreen_9_10_15__1_58_PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the reply.

After much searching it looks like the printer was set up om Bonjour.so I have deleted the printer and reinstalled using the IJ setting.

Things look much better now.

Thanks again

Good news. Mac is a pain as far as high performance printers go. It's not enough to install the driver. Then you have to add the printer and be sure than Bonjour isn't selected. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements