cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Ink

patski107
Apprentice

What is the differnce between photo cyan and cyan? I need to order ink for the Canon Pixma Pro 100 and the description on B&H is the same:

"The CLI-42 Cyan Ink Cartridge from Canon is a specially formulated ChromaLife100+ ink. The ink produces professional quality & long-lasting photo prints, ideal for displaying printed works of art. "

"The CLI-42 Photo Cyan Ink Cartridge from Canon is a specially formulated ChromaLife100+ ink. The ink produces professional quality & long-lasting photo prints, ideal for displaying printed works of art. "

I want to print my own creating cards with my images and I want them to look as good as possible, worthy of framing.

TIA

Pat

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Photo Cyan is lighter than Cyan, just a Photo Magenta is lighter than Magenta.

But, the Pro-100 needs all 8 inks to function, so you need to order the inks that the printer says has run out (or preorder to stockpile so that your printing doesn't have to stop whle you are waiting for delivery}.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

So it sounds like if I want vivid color I shouldn't order the Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta because they are lighter.

I know I need all the colors but Cyan and Magenta are the only ones that come as either Photo or non-photo.I want to preorder to have them on hand.

Pat

The purpose of the Photo inks, as well as the Light Gray and Gray, is to allow the printer the ability to have more variation in shades of color.

I don’t know how the printer decides what and how much of each ink it uses.

I had a Pro-9000 printer that had green and red inks. Even though I printed a lot of landscapes the green ink was hardly used.

You can check ink levels in the printer driver and as you see which ones are being used more order them. 

When I first got my Pro-100 I ordered a complete replacement set of inks to have on hand. Then I ordered what was needed as cartridges ran out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements