cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility issue with Print studio pro and PS CC

DNPhotography
Contributor

I have the Pro 100 installed, however when I open PS CC (with a photo open) >Automate>Canon Print Studio Pro, I get an error reading that the software does not find the printer! 

If I just open the PS CC Printer menu and select the Canon Pro 100 printer it will print but the quality is not very good.  I want to use the Print Studio Pro software from photoshop.  I tried installing a plugin (hence the Automate...) but as received the error message.  I tried installing the Plug-in from CS-6 as well. Any help? Thanks so much!

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Which OS. Which version of Photoshop and which version of Print Studio Pro.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You must be using a Mac which I have little knowledge.  Because on my Windows machine the Canon software does nothing you can't already do in Photoshop.  In other words, it will NOT make your print 'better'!  I rarely use Print Studio Pro except to answer questions on the forum.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

RobRut
Contributor

I get this message:

I get this message when I try to run he Print Studio Pro Plug-In install from my Windows 10 start menu:  A version of Adobe Photoshop supported by Print Studio Pro is not installed.  A supported version of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is required to install the plug in for Print Studio Pro. This makes no sense, as I use PS, Lightroom and Bridge from Adobe CC – all the most recent versions.  What’s going on?

Have you downloaded the latest version of PSP from the Canon support site? You need to have version 2.0.2 or later. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Good point.  It's brand new, so I would assume it came with the latest version.  I'll check.

Thanks!

Announcements