cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image is 8 x 10; paper is 8.5 x 11, yet it is clipping the image. Settings seem correct.

RobRut
Contributor

I have just purchaed a Pixma 100.  In printing from Photoshop, and also trying from the Image Garden, I am getting a message that my image is larger than the paper size.  However, Photoshop assures me the image is 8 x 10, and the paper is certainly 8.5x 11.  I tried a couple of runs anyway, and the image comes out clipped.  Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do your margins exceed 1/4"?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for your response!  I'm not sure what you mean.  On one print that came out, the margin on the left -- by which I mean the white paper outside of the photo -- is 1/2", but on the right, 1" of the photo is missing, having disasrtrous consequences for the horse involved.

In the "Image Garden", I could actually see what I took to be a preview showing the photo lined up correctly, but it still came out clipped.

I don't print from PS, so I'm not the best helper. Maybe someone else will jump in. 

What I meant about margin was that image is 8", paper is 8 ½ inches, so if margins exceed ¼ inch the image will be cropped. 

See last sat post here. 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1068971

Did you you install Canon Print Studio Pro? Try printing from that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I installed the software as you suggested.  I'm now getting the whole image on the page, but they are being shrunk to 6.75 x 8.5 (landscape.)  I think I can fix that with border settings. 

Thanks so much for your help!  🙂

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements