cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chroma Optimizer got slight magenta color cast

pipur
Apprentice

Chroma Optimizer suddenly shows a slight magenta color cast on the nozzle check after replacing cartridge.

It had been sitting unpowered for a while.

Anyone with any ideas? (Canon Pro-1)

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pipur,

A test should be performed of your PIXMA PRO-1.  Please follow these steps to perform a Nozzle Check from the printer:

1.  Make sure that the power is turned on and load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.

2.  Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and pull out the Output Tray Extension.  If the Inner Cover is open, close it.

3.  Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes white twice, then release it immediately.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

4.  After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

Does your printout match the example attached to this message?

Pro-1 Nozzle.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Patrick wrote:

Hi pipur,

A test should be performed of your PIXMA PRO-1.  Please follow these steps to perform a Nozzle Check from the printer:

Don't want to be rude, so I'll just quote myself from my initial question: "...on the nozzle check...". 

So there's that. 

After printing a whole A4 with covering CO the magenta/red tone finally dissapered on the nozzle check.

I would however like to get an indication as to  why this happened in the first place, to be able to mitigate this in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pipur,

If the printer was sitting for a while, the printhead could have been clogged.  By printing or performing a cleaning caused it to unclog which resolved the issue.

If the printer has sat for 3 to 4 weeks or longer, it is recommended that a test page is printed first before printnig photos to make sure that all of the nozzles are printing correctly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks!
However - I'm fully aware of this.

And it still doesn't explain the color cast (CO was applied as it should)...
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements