cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro1000 connectivity. New user, please help.

lawrence_biran
Apprentice

Good day all.

I've had my Canon Pro1000 for a month now and I love it to bits! I set it up to print via usb and everything was going flawless. One day, I left my laptop running and the printer on and counted on the auto sleep to do its thing. The next day, i tried to print an image and got an error saying that the printer could not print.

I restarted the laptop and was now greeted by a window stating that Windows does not recognise the usb connection. I tried to reinstall the driver, but the setup does not go further than the "plug in usb" screen. And anytime I plug in the usb, I get the error.

I know that this is probably a Windows 10 error and I'm posting in the wrong forum. If it is inappropriate, i apologize. But I've been trying to resolve this for a week and I've reached my wits end. I don't know what else to do. If anyone could please suggest anything, it would be greatly appreciated. I should state that I was successful at setting up the printer as wireless LAN and it works. However, I really prefer the usb connection. It was working so well.

I have attached a screen shot of the errors.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lawrence_biran
Apprentice

I'm happy to report the problem has been solved.

After a weekend of pulling out my hair and trying everthing that came to mind, a simple Run As Administrator on Command Promt and Windows Scan (sfc/scannow) found and replaced the corrupted files. 

All is well.

Just posting to help anyone that runs into this situation.

Thank you kindly John, for your suggestions.

Regards,

L. Biran

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum lawrence 

I see that you have the WSD printer installed. This is a Microsoft driver similar to Apple AirPrint. It is a universal driver that provides basic but limited printing capability. Unless you specifically installed it I recommend you delete it. 

Also, unplug the printer USB and if it didn't go away delete the unknown USB device. 

Restart the computer and plug the printer back in. 

I do not have your printer but I was able to resolve printer problems I had with the above steps. 

Please note edit. I do not have the Pro-1000. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Edit noted John.

Thanks again with the suggestions. Unfortunately, i'm still stuck with the usb error. I've tried other usb cables. I've unistalled all usb in the device manager and rebooted. No luck. I cannot get the laptop to recognise the printer via usb anymore.

I'll keep trying.

Something else to try is uninstalling the Canon printer driver uisng an app like iObit Uninstaller that removes all traces of an app and then reinstall the driver.

That worked for me on a device (not a printer).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

lawrence_biran
Apprentice
Thank you so very much John. I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Will try them out and post update.

lawrence_biran
Apprentice

I'm happy to report the problem has been solved.

After a weekend of pulling out my hair and trying everthing that came to mind, a simple Run As Administrator on Command Promt and Windows Scan (sfc/scannow) found and replaced the corrupted files. 

All is well.

Just posting to help anyone that runs into this situation.

Thank you kindly John, for your suggestions.

Regards,

L. Biran

Announcements