cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 9000 Mark II

ShampooLady
Contributor

OMGOSH i think after my mac updated to Catalina i can't get this printer to print. I get the Stopped filter failed mesasge.

Have anyone come across this or found a fix for this either through Canon or Catalina OS website. 

If so i would be super grateful if you can help me get this fixed.

Thanks in advance. 

14 REPLIES 14

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Last MAC OS this printer was supported under was 10.13, if it worked under Mojave it was luck.  It does not work under Catalina.

See this thread for more info 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

So now what do we do???? OMGOODness i paid alot of money for this printer.

@ShampooLady wrote:

So now what do we do???? OMGOODness i paid alot of money for this printer.

You will have to downgrade your Mac to the operating system version that last worked with your printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Any idea on how to do this. Or what website to do this at ?

Hi, ShampooLady.

As Patrick mentioned, to take advantage of the Canon Upgrade Program, you'll need to reach out to our sales team at 1-866-443-8002. The Canon Upgrade Program is not available online.

If you're outside of the USA, you'll need to contact Canon in your country or region to determine if there is a similar program in your area, as the Canon Community Forums are hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support and information for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

i just called the number and unfortunately my 1000 dollar printer isn't qualified for the discount. its a shame on both sides that there is no driver for my printer. I called Catlina and i have also spoken to Canon about this issue.

One blames other other that then blames the other. My investment on my printer is garbage.

Very frustated with this.

Hi ShampooLady,

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

what kind of discount do you offer for outdated printers if i was looking to upgrade Patrick?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Patrick’s post has the phone number to call.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements