cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-1000 Black Lines

EC-Photography
Apprentice

I have been getting 5-6 short black streaks near the end of my prints... and only some images have them... sometimes, I'll just keep reprinting the same image and 1 time I got lucky and the streaks didn't appear. Obviously, I cannot keep losing money through ink and paper like this. I've tried cleaning and deep cleaning and checking the pattern but nothing has made a difference. It shows up on matte and luster and metallic papers... I'm not sure what to do at this point?

Thankyou for your time!

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe some ink has gotten on the rollers or printer frame members? Does the Pro-1000 have a roller and bottom plate cleaning option?

2019-04-23.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

So, I ran the same image with Canon paper and there were no black lines... apparently, it just can't handle off brand paper. Just disappointing. 

Is the off brand paper thicker? Maybe you just need to select the avoid paper abrasion option. If it’s an off brand paper what media setting did you select?

I use many third party papers on my Pro-100 with great results. I would expect similar performance on the Pro-1000. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am having the same issue using Off Canon Paper. It's short lines.

I have run maintenance for 1) Roller Cleaning 2) Bottom Plate Cleaning 3) Clean Print Head 

I'm using the Rear Feed and it's been a recurring issue since I've purchased the printer in July.

I print mostly Vintage art that has lots of texture and on those style prints..I am ok getting away with these marks.

But the fine art stuff is an issue and this would be a deal-breaker for keeping this printer. I'm ok doing a manual clean or some alternate method, but these marks are consistently happening in all areas of the print...well it does seem to like having them in the upper left corner a lot.

I print probably 50 prints a week and the paper is matte 200 GSM Inkpress Media Matte 60. 

Hoping someone has a solution for this or a work-around for this issue?

IMG_0060.jpg

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try contacting the manufacturer of the paper to see if there is a specific media type setting that needs to be used with that paper.

Also, try performing roller and bottom plate cleanings to see if this will help pick up any excess ink from the rollers.  Details about these procedures can be found at the following links:

Bottom Plate Cleaning

Cleaning the Paper Feed Roller

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks..I've performed both procedures and previously this wasn't a fix.

I'm using a new paper and the issue is resolved so far.

On the previous paper, I only did the printing a few times but changed the paper thickness setting and it appeared to work?

On the new paper, it's back to the old setting...so indeed, the paper and the setting to the paper is a big factor. Thanks.

1. If you take a roll of paper and cut the desired size on the cutter and install it in the printer, then the ends of the paper rise up, bend, because the paper is stiff and on a motan on a tube of small diameter. If you have straight sheets of paper from a package, it looks like the ink container is letting air through and the ink is pouring out of it more than necessary.

Fbimages
Apprentice

Hi EC-Photography, 
I have a similar issue with Hahnemuhle Fine Art photo rag (308 gsm). I print a lot of snow scenes so the lines are super obvious. Not sure what to do about it, these are costly issuesIMG_9960.JPG

Hey, FBimages!  Have you tried some of the solutions in this thread to fix your issues?

Announcements