cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 13x19" Prints - Images suddently printing misaligned/slanted - Please help!

pmilligan
Apprentice

Hi, I purchased a Canon Pro-100 printer about two weeks ago and I have been printing lots of 13x19 prints on Canon brand semi-gloss paper. I have successfully printed about 60 prints, but suddenly I have an issue. The images are printing misaligned/slanted on the paper, so that there is a sliver of blank paper on the bottom right and bottom left. Here is a picture of what is happening to the prints:

101_2294[1].JPGhttp://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/milligangames/101_22941_zpsf995dcd2.jpg

I have tried cleaning the bottom plate, cleaning the roller, aligning the print head both manually and automatically, but nothing is helping. When I print on 8.5x11 or 4x6 paper I do not seem to encounter this issue. Does this mean the paper is feeding unevenly for some reason? Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is likely you are not getting the paper started correctly.  Do you have all the paper extension fully out?  Load one sheet at a time, do not expect it to multi load.  The paper is just too heavy.

Make sure you don't bump or jar it when it starts printing.  Very easy to do with 13x19 and the good prints at first make you less careful as it becomes more routine.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi, thanks for your reply! Yes, the extension is fully out, and I am using one sheet at a time. The manual feed slot seems to work, but the rear feed still have this problem. Any ideas?

Hi pmilligan,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements