cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro9000 - over saturation of photo ink.

tinkertoy86440
Apprentice

I have been using this model for some time in my studio for last minute photographs - LOVE it!  It broke, had error message that was unresolvable without sending it in.  So I purchased another of the same printer, used.  After I plugged it in, using same drivers, I ran through the maintenance tasks - they were all acceptable and as expected.  Color good, printed a test sheet - it came out great.  I put in some photo paper, semi-gloss, and printed a color photograph that I have printed before - oh wow!  Way too much green and very wet, over-saturation.  So I tried a black/white photograph - and still oversaturated and green!  So I removed all the ink cartridges (all full!), and replaced with new ones - better, but still over-saturation.  I uninstalled all drivers/software and reinstalled from the Canon website drivers for my Windows 7 (64-bit).  Better, but still over-saturation!  Colors in the wrong places, etc.  I have been without this printer for a few months, and really need help to get this one going again.  I am considering uninstalling it all again, and finding my original disks and doing that installation.  I appreciate any help I can get!  I do like having this particular printer, and the quality it puts out.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tinkertoy86440,

The issue that you described is a little complex to answer in a forum post.  It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Two things come to mind in this situation.  One are you using new Canon brand cartridges?  And are you using Canon brand paper with the correct ICC profile?

If not you must do this first.  After you get everything working correctly, you can try other paper that has a profile for Canon printers.  Red River papers are very good.  Some others are not and will not work.

On cartridges NEVER use off-brand.  Always use genuine Canon from a reputable store.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements