cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ICC profile for Canon PIXMA g3270?

lmpowdero08
Apprentice

I've been looking through the internet for 5 hours trying to find a download for the ICC color profiles. I just purchased a g3270 (new) yesterday and tested my art prints on the Staples Ultra Premium Matte photo paper, and they came out pretty dull. 

I used photoshop to send the print to the printer, yet the colors are so off. I was hopping I could try out the ICC profiles but these are the only cannon profiles that are on the print settings 

lmpowdero08_0-1723824451226.png

None of these made my prints looked like what I created digitally. Yes, I work and printed in CMYK. Yes, I've tried changing saturation and contrast but something is just off. Yes, I downloaded the Master setup for Windows. 

The only things I've found on downloading ICC profiles is only for the PIXMA PRO series. I've even tried downloading one of those and nothing has changed. 

Sure, it could be the paper but so far, I've seen many artists use this paper with a cannon printer and they seem to love it. Please let me know if there's a way to download ICC profiles, or at least a better profile that will work well with my Cannon g3270

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@lmpowdero08 wrote:

I've been looking through the internet for 5 hours trying to find a download for the ICC color profiles. I just purchased a g3270 (new) yesterday and tested my art prints on the Staples Ultra Premium Matte photo paper, and they came out pretty dull. 

I used photoshop to send the print to the printer, yet the colors are so off. I was hopping I could try out the ICC profiles but these are the only cannon profiles that are on the print settings 

lmpowdero08_0-1723824451226.png

None of these made my prints looked like what I created digitally. Yes, I work and printed in CMYK. Yes, I've tried changing saturation and contrast but something is just off. Yes, I downloaded the Master setup for Windows. 

The only things I've found on downloading ICC profiles is only for the PIXMA PRO series. I've even tried downloading one of those and nothing has changed. 

Sure, it could be the paper but so far, I've seen many artists use this paper with a cannon printer and they seem to love it. Please let me know if there's a way to download ICC profiles, or at least a better profile that will work well with my Cannon g3270

Welcome.

If you installed the Canon driver for your printer it should have installed the Canon ICC profiles that Canon created for that printer. The technical specifications for the printer delineate the papers that Canon has designated for the printer.

Here are the listed photography papers: Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster; Matte: Matte Photo Paper.

You said you are using Photoshop. Something is wrong in your setup if, when you select "Photoshop Manages Color" and you only get the few profiles you showed. You should get a list of profiles:

Screenshot 2024-08-16 142424.jpg

 Typically you get good results with third party papers by choosing a Canon profile for a paper similar to the third party type. First you need to get Ps to show the profiles for your printer. I don't generally use Ps or CYMK, so I don't know if that is causing a problem.

Register your product on the Canon support page and contact Canon support.

Canon Support for PIXMA G3270 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements