cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100S - problems with printing black

claref
Apprentice

Hi

I have a Canon Pixma Pro 100S and I get great results printing graphic illustrations on matt card except for areas of solid black. I use a Mac - High Sierra operating system.

I print direct from Adobe Illustrator and use the Fine Art Paper 1 setting with an Uncoated FOGRA29 profile and let Illustrator determine colours. I use a Mac - High Sierra operating system.

It comes out more of a very dark grey I have tried lots of different settings, papers and different CMYK versions of black and the best result I can get is with C50 M50 Y50 K100.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get a truer black?

Thanks for any suggestions! 

5 REPLIES 5

Vlad_Zaytsev
Contributor

1. Use, load - paper profiles. Matte, Semi-gloss, Prt, Gloss. Photo paper manufacturers provide them! Choose a profile for paper. 2. Make a black and white photo initially and print it in color. Black will be great. 3. Lighting, consider lighting lamps when printing, the light from them also gives distortion. 4. Change the CMYG on sRGB.

Thanks for your suggestions! 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Since it is a matte paper have you tried the Matte Photo Paper media type and the Matte Photo Paper ICC profile?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your suggestion John. I will try getting some new ICC profiles - I think this is the problem isn't it.  The paper doesn't have its own profile unfortunately. 

@claref wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion John. I will try getting some new ICC profiles - I think this is the problem isn't it.  The paper doesn't have its own profile unfortunately. 

If you select Canon Matte Photo Paper there is a Canon ICC profile you can select.

Annotation 2019-11-06 083902.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements