cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100

WesternGuy
Enthusiast

I just tried to print to my Pro-100 and I get a message"Attention required".  That is all I get, no error number or anything else to tell me what might be wrong.  Any suggestions as to what to do with this one?

Is there anyway to tell if a particulalr ink is low, if that is the problem.  With my previous printer a 9900, I use to be able to get a display that showed all the inks and their levels and whether or not an ink neede to be replaced.  I don't seem to have this functinality with this printer.

Any insight that anyone might have will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

WesternGuy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What version of windows are you running?

"Attention Required" message.

What I suggest.  Restart the Print Spooler Service.

Windows 10??

Start Menu > type "services.msc"

press enter

Services dialog opens

Find Print Spooler

Right click on it and select restart on the context menu

PS.png

Checking Ink Status

Open the IJ Status Monitor

IJ.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

shadowspsorts, restarting the Spooler seems to have resolved the problem.  Thank you.

WesternGuy

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Ok. 2.2.3 was what I found on the website when is searched for Print Studio Pro update. I'll try again. 2.2.3 was kind of funky to install. I used the installer, but noticed the dates were not 2020 even though the website said March, 2020. Wonder if the link was bad. When I checked the version it was 2.2.3. Thank you for the information.

Thank you again for all your help. I just installed 2.2.4. I forget sometimes that when I make a change as big as a new operating system I should check all drivers and software associated with it. Back to normal now and, hopefully for a while. Until the next operating system change I guess. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements