cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printer Cutting Off Image

deardeer
Contributor

Hello! I got this printer for Christmas. Today, I tried to print something for the first time. But the left edge of of my image got cut off. It looked perfectly fine in the preview window, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

16 REPLIES 16

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using a Mac (OSX 10.13.6 / High Sierra) and I'm connected via WiFi. My image was saved as a JPEG and I printed from the Preview thing that comes with Mac computers.

For the Pro-100 different size papers ahve different imposed margins that are unprintable.

You need to be sure that the aspect raio of your print fits within the allowable print area.

The Zoom to Fill setting can also result in portions of an image being cut off if there is an aspect ratio mismatch.

Annotation 2020-03-10 155228.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for the graph! I'm trying to print 6.5 width x 10 height in inches, so it should in A4 range?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum deardeer.

In addition to what Stephen posted, you will need to tell us what software you are using and maybe post a screenshot of your print dialogue window.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is the long side 10 inches on the paper?

What does the width measure?

Is 6.5x10 also the cropped size of the image?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, 10 inches is the long side, and the width is 6.5 inches. The image I'm trying to print is also 6.5 x 10 inches.

I don't understand. The image is 6.5x10, the image on paper is 6.5x10 but you say something is cut off?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

20200310_152512.jpg

Announcements