cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 no longer printing my 5.5" x 4.25" A2 cards through Adobe Illustrator.

Emmabmanzi
Apprentice

Hello Everyone,

I haven't used my printer in two weeks. Up until now, zero issues. TOday, I went to print a batch of 4.25 by 5.5 cards and the printer gives me the"

Support Code : 1062 Printing was stopped because the width of the paper that was loaded is shorter than the specified size. Press the printer's RESUME button to clear the error, and delete unnecessary print jobs. Then load paper of the correct size, and print again.  If this message is displayed even after you load paper of the correct size, uncheck [Detect paper width] in the Custom Settings panel of the Utility, and click [Apply].

However, if I follow this step, the paper just feeds completely through, and the printer prints nothing. At a loss for this very new issue. Not certain if its Pixma related or the new Illustrator 2021 related.

I am at a loss.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

1. Have you verified that all the correct settings are bing applied in your new software?

2. is the previous version of Illustrator still installed (or can you reinstall it). Does it print OK?

3. Can you try printing from a different software and see what happens.

While it's possible for a printer error to develop, when things worked fine until a new software was installed it is very likely due to something with the new software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Emmabmanzi
Apprentice
Thanks for responding John! Yes, I have tried all of the above. The old version of photoshop/illustrator are also not printing anymore for this specific size of paper. They will print 8 1/2 x 11 no problem. Its very peculiar. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer though! I’m worried it might be the October update with the new MAC update might’ve been the issue

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Reinstalling the printer driver can frequently resolve printing problems.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements