cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImagePrograf 6400 - Help with paper profile & printer set up

Marjarts
Apprentice

Hi There and thanks in advance.
Would someone be able to confirm if I am setting up the print steps correctly please as I am not happy with the end result.

Please see image showing what I am doing.

Photoshop cc – Canon imageprograf  IPF6400 - hahnemuehle Bamboo paper
paperProfile hahnemuehle : HFA_can6450_MK_bamboo.icc  Media; Special 9

The NEC Multisync  PA271w Monitor is calibrated with NEC Spectraview and Iprofiler
80 cd/m2 ( I am aware of monitor brightness etc & calibrate regularly)

Would someone be able to confirm if I am setting up the print correctly please.
Please see image showing what I am doing.

Thank you for any assistance you can help with.
Paper profile set up.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yes, that is correct

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't have your printer, but I do use Hahnemuehle papers.

It looks like you are doing it correctly.

Set the ICC profile in PS and choose the Hahnemuehle recommended media type in the printer driver.

Since you are having PS manage color, are you turning off color management in your printer? (It looks like it, since it shows No color correction in Color Mode, but as I said, I don't have your printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank  you for your reply. I have appreciated your thoughts on it. 

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Marjarts,

It would be best to contact the manufacturer of the paper to determine what specific media type settings need to be selected in the driver and on the printer.  If they happen to provide a media information file for that paper, you can use the Media Configuration Tool to add the media information file into the printer.  The Media Information Tool for the iPF6400 is available in the Drivers & Downloads section for the printer on our website.

imagePROGRAF iPF6400 Software 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify my question. Is the printing set up a 3 step process? 

1. in photoshop  - select the paper I am using its Hanuemle Icc profile 
  2. in Photoshop - open printer information and select the Canon media type - in this case Special 9.
  3. On the Canon printers  interface -  LOAD paper - select the canon media type  - in this case it is SPECIAL 9  
    (Hanuemle 
    only supply icc profile and not ami file - so I can't use the media configuration tool for this paper source.)

I am wanting to confirm that my 3 steps are the correct procedure. 
    Many thanks for your help

yes, that is correct

Thank you for your help. 

Announcements