cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon pixma pro-100

TheCobaltKnight
Apprentice

I am having issues with the print head being too close to the paper/ cards I am printing on. As I print, some of the cards have this issue where the ink showes clear paths the ink head took as it went accross it. is there a way to raise the print head somehow? I have tried printing through both the manual and top feeding trays with no difference. 

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

You can set this in the printer driver.

Annotation 2020-07-20 105114.jpg

It can help. but depending on the cardstock stiffness it may not totally eliminate the problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TheCobaltKnight
Apprentice
Thanks! How do I get those drivers to open? I downloaded the ones on the website but I can never access them properly. What are they called and just to make sure I downloaded the correct ones, do you have a link?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What operating system do you use. macOS or Windows?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

TheCobaltKnight
Apprentice
Windows

If you go to Devices and Printers in the Control Panel you should see this.

#1.jpg

Here is where you find the latest driver.

#2.jpg

After you are sure you have the latest driver i nstalled here is how you can access the head abrasion setting.

#3.jpg

I will be away from computer for a while now.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much! I will try this as soon as I get home.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello TheCobaltKnight,

I agree, turning on the prevent paper abrasion setting to see if that resolves the issue would be your best option. If you still have the issue after changing the setting, it would mean there is some curling in the paper or the paper is too stiff/thick for the paper path. You can try laying a single sheet of the cardstock on a flat surface to check for any curling.

To see if there are any other suggestions or settings that you can change, please reply to this message with the specific type and size of cardstock that you have and we will try to assist further.

Announcements