cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get Print Studio Pro to show up on Photoshop

christinamsart
Contributor
I’ve been struggling for weeks to figure out why I can’t get print studio pro to show up in photoshop. I have a PC running windows 10. I downloaded print studio pro from canon (it detected the windows 10(64) version so that’s the one I did. It downloaded fine. I double clicked the compressed exe file and then download the plug in to my photoshop folder. But print studio won’t show up on photoshop after I open the app. Instructions say to go to File and then automate (I think that’s the name?) and it should say print studio pro but it doesn’t. I have tried opening the decompressed exe file that downloaded but nothing happens. What am o doing wrong? The more things I read the more confused I get.
I have the latest version of photoshop (Adobe cloud cc)
19 REPLIES 19

What version of Ps are you using? I noticed that the PSP plugin under Automate does not show up in the latest version of Ps. I haven't seen it work since version 21.

@draughonc wrote:

What version of Ps are you using? I noticed that the PSP plugin under Automate does not show up in the latest version of Ps. I haven't seen it work since version 21.

Windows version 23.0.1

Screenshot 2021-11-15 162337.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

christinamsart
Contributor
Okay, I followed your steps. It shows up in my photoshop now which it didn’t before, under file-automate-Print Studio Pro . But when I click on it a little box pops up saying
“cannot find CNPSPCKv.DLL.
Please reinstall Print Studio Pro.”

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I guess if you can’t get the Windows install problem resolved its not going to work.

But, you don’t need PSP. Just print directly from Photoshop.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

christinamsart
Contributor
Yes, I just figured maybe it would be simpler to have print studio pro because I don’t have much experience with photoshop. I’ve been able to make art prints look good after like 20 wasted trail sheets and adjusting colors A LOT. Is there a way to calibrate my monitor to my printer? I noticed my prints come out looking very dark and desaturated. I have to adjust the brightness higher, contrast and saturation before I get something that even looks similar to the original.

@christinamsart wrote:
Yes, I just figured maybe it would be simpler to have print studio pro because I don’t have much experience with photoshop. I’ve been able to make art prints look good after like 20 wasted trail sheets and adjusting colors A LOT. Is there a way to calibrate my monitor to my printer? I noticed my prints come out looking very dark and desaturated. I have to adjust the brightness higher, contrast and saturation before I get something that even looks similar to the original.

Let's try and get this sorted out for you.

I am going to assume that since you worked with Canon they verified that you have the correct driver installed.

If you haven't run a nozzle check you should do so just to be sure that all cartridges are printing correctly.

Download the test image from this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIYEVaNQBuYp2nUaWg?e=s2DPAa

It is a calibrated standardized image that many folks use to verify proper printer performance.

Open the image in Photoshop. Do not make any editing adjustments, regardless of how the image may look on your monitor.

I recommend that you always print by having Photoshop manage color. That was it doesn't matter if you use Canon paper or third party papers. You just select the proper Canon media type and the ICC profile for the paper you are using.

Configure the Ps print window like this:

Photoshop.jpg

When you select the button I have labeled "1" the Canon printer driver will open. Configure the driver as shown below, following steps 1 through 5.

Printer Driver.jpg

Then, back in Ps, select your ICC profile in "2".

Now print your test image.

If your printer is working properly you should have a proper image with good brightness and color. If not, there is a printer problem we need to address.

If you have a good print then you need to compare it to your monitor. They will never be exactly the same since the monitor is a back-projected image and the print is reflected light, but they should be very close.

A frequent complaint that "my prints are too dark" is really caused by the monitor being to bright. The person reduces the exposure of the file and then when it prints the image is too dark.

What kind of monitor do you have? Does it have various setting like Internet, sRGB ?

Come back after you have made your print.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

christinamsart
Contributor
And I use ICC Profiles and pick the correct paper type.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I will reply tomorrow. 11PM here now.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

christinamsart
Contributor
I am using the latest version. I followed steps above and it shows up now but when I click on it something comes up saying to re download it. I haven’t had the chance to work on it yet.

Sorry about that. I'm having trouble with Professional Print and Layout not loading Automate. I may have indicated the wrong folder when prompted. 

Announcements