cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration of PIXMA Pro 200

Bensonchong
Apprentice

Hi there, I just got my new pro 200 and trying to calibrate the print. It’s much darker in brightness  and color is darker also. I’m using the ppl and try hard proofing and still unable to much color. Please help 

19 REPLIES 19

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Download the test image from this link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIYEVaNQBuYp2nUaWg?e=kQ0u60

Open the image in your photo software and print the image. Do not make any adjustments, regardless of how the image may look on your display.

Reply back how the test print looks.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Hi, john. Thanks for the quick response. I’m quite sure that I would not be able to get this reply so soon. As for the test image printing. It went well. Almost a perfect match to my screen other than the face on right which look slightly richer than screen. It was perfect.

I believe I have some issues, I noticed that it a tiff file as my using jpeg or png files and also the other setting may be wrong. Please help. Happy belated Easter holiday

On 1/21/24 the link to the test image no longer works.
I am interested using my Pixma PRO-200 Printer to print retirement cards and greeting cards on cardstock.
I am currently using International Paper's 16 PT Cover Smooth, their 120 lb cardstock.
It feeds just fine using the rear manual feed tray.

Unfortunately the printed images I get are dull and muddy looking. I was really hoping for better results than my involuntarily retired Canon ip4700 inkjet.
What do I need to do to get this printer to print beautiful cards?
thanks
baumgrenze

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhoAqIMkRymo77syjdA

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My aging brain forgot. I've already been told that the International Paper cardstock I have is uncoated. 
Is there any chance someone knows if there is an ICC profile for the cardstock I have?
thanks
baumgrenze

Maybe try the Printer forum over at dpreview.com

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If the test image looks good on its own (proper brightness and color) and also looks very close to display then you should have a good printing workflow.

Can you post a screenshot of the print dialogue settings for the prints you don't think are good? Also what operating system and software are you using.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

D2279B25-B0F6-4133-BCEB-EE78003B53F9.jpegDA5DAE28-C526-42D4-8CC6-F4577E6E36A9.jpeg18AC22BA-6FCA-4B6E-8D86-01BC85A61D0F.jpeg63F4DC02-7E48-48D2-83B1-324A7B9FFF73.jpeg

Hi.

First, just to sure the printer is working properly, run a nozzle check.

I recommend that you have Photoshop manage color, not the printer. Set up Ps as shown in these two screenshots. (Using the paper type you are using. What paper are you using?)

#3.jpg#4.jpg

See how that prints.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements