cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Sur on Mac Pro and Print Studio Pro 2.2.5

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

Hi Forum

I have a Macbook Pro running Big Sur. I just upgraded it to Big Sur and upgraded my Print Studio Pro to version 2.2.5 after downloading it from the Canan Website. I'm using Photoshop 22.0.1, and now I get this error when I try to use Print Studio Pro:  

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.39.34 AM.jpg

What do you recommend I do to fix this?

thanks

Scoctt

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try this:

1. run the Plugin Installer in the Canon Utilities->Print Studio Pro folder.

2. I get an error message popup. Select "Next" in the popup.

3. Then I get a popup that has slections for Photoshop and Lightroom. Select photoshop 64bit and the slect Browse to go to the Ps Plugin folder.

4. Select that folder and then select Next.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Somehow I know  know you would have the answer.

That was easy! Thanks! 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try this:

1. run the Plugin Installer in the Canon Utilities->Print Studio Pro folder.

2. I get an error message popup. Select "Next" in the popup.

3. Then I get a popup that has slections for Photoshop and Lightroom. Select photoshop 64bit and the slect Browse to go to the Ps Plugin folder.

4. Select that folder and then select Next.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Somehow I know  know you would have the answer.

That was easy! Thanks! 

The macOS installer is not functioning correctly.

When I first ran 2.2.5 I still had 2.2.3 when I tried t use it in Ps. That's when I tried the manual process and it worked.

Similar problem with LrC. Installer executed, but there was no PSP folder in the LrC plugin folder. Ran the manual process and it worked there as well.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have a similar issue; howevere, I am running Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) on an iMac.  I have downloaded the new version of Print Studio Pro 2.2.5.  I installed it, at least the install process did it's thing.  However, no Print Studio Pro in "automation" within PSCC 2021.  I went to Canon Utilities and clicked on the Print Studio Pro icon and then clicked on the install icon and it did say it recogonized ONLY LR.  now This install is an old one the date is 11/3/2020, I still only have 2.2.3 installed in LRc and nothing in PSCC 2021 22.4.2 and LRc 10.3.  

People said they have done it manually, so my question is if you went to Canon untilites, print studio pro, plug-in installer, that hasn't worked.  so how do I get Print Studio Pro 2.2.5 installed in both LRc and PSCC 2021?

I found a reply further up that help me install in LRc and PSCC 2021, no response is needed.  Thanks to all who contributed to this thread

Michael Wallace

Oceanside CA

Try the process in Message 2 above.

Do it for both LrC and Ps.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John

thank found it 

Michael

John,

I am able to follow your path through #3.  But there is no PS Plug-in folder available.  Only Library, Users, System, and Application folders showing.  I was able to download PSP and it shows under Canon Utilities inside Applications Folder.  I note that there are also 2 Psp folders in Canon Utilities:, Print Studio Pro an PrintStudioPro; note the different spacing.  Any suggstions,  Thank you.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I think you need to deeper into the folders.

In Applications folder I have an Adobe Photoshop 21 folder. Inside that is the plugin folder.

I only have the PSP folder with spaces.

See if this works
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi.

I found the plug-in folder (under support files) but that folder only has a folder called Panels inside of it, and Panels is empty.  

FWIW the PrintStudioPro folder has three plugins in it: CNPSPP101.plugin, xxxx102 and xxxx103 where xxxx equals cnspspp.

I'll try reaching Canon on this and get back.  Thank you

Announcements