cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best WAy To Print on Pixma Pro-10

JohnK821
Contributor

Hello:

Can anyone suggest the bestway to print at full resolution with the best quality on a Pixmsa Pro-10?

I can print from Photoshop, Lightroom, The Canon Program.

Usually portraits, is there s "best settings" guide on here somplace?

Using 11 x17 paper glossy.

14 REPLIES 14

Success! Smiley Happy However it happens it is good.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I think that the Preview feature of OSX is just the WYSIWYG of Photoshop. That is, once I have right in CS6 Extended and it is saved, Preview just prints it without prejudice. This mandates that I get it to 100% of where I want it to be in CS6 and I cannot the tweak it with all those other Profile Commands- so that flexibility is lost in Preview. But "doing it right the first time" has always been my philosophy in life in general, anyway. Did set the Nikon D3X to Adobe, your suggestion, and that was definitely the way to go. Never even noticed that command before on the camera. Thanks!

"Did set the Nikon D3X to Adobe, ..."

Although AdobeRGB has a wider color space than the printer can do, what it can handle is improved.  The color space is expanded in that area too, what can't is ignored. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Give Canon Print Studio,Pro a try. 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro_10#...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

FYI I tried all of these settings all day long, and I got the best results, BY FAR with the simple "Preview" that you get on OSX by just double clicking on the imagen itself straight from the desktop. Then setting the print quality at "High". That's it.

So I compose it in CS6, and use the Print preview command (which is the easiest way to print in the Mac Environment) and that gives me the best image. All the others aren't even close. Wow.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements