cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best ICC for Canon Museum Etching Photo Paper

Itsallaboutp
Enthusiast

I tried Hahnemuhle fine art icc profile and selected matte photo paper as media type. It didn't come out that well. The blue seems a little light compared to the other prints with same picture on other paper. (red river canvas, Aurora white) 

What profile is best with this Canon paper? 

Mac 10.11.4 iMac Print Studio Pro through photoshop.

17 REPLIES 17

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are printing Canon Museum Etching there is a Canon ICC profile. You should see it in PSP. 

You our will need to select the Fine Art media option with the 30mm margin. 

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks I am using 8.5x11 paper you're telling me to still choose the A3+ paper size? Also I've noticed you have Rendering Intent as Relative Colorimetric not perceptual. Any reason for that? Is that what I should be choosing for this paper? Thanks

If you want 8.5x11 then you would choose Art Paper Letter 30mm margin.

I always use Relative, although I haven't seen a visual difference Relative and Perceptual.

In theory there is less color "distortion" with Relative since it just ignores pixels of colors the printer can't print. Perceptual can shift colors to fit all colors onto print.

It won't cost much to try it and see what you prefer.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

When I chose US Letter (Art Paper Margin 30) it cuts off the sides of my work. My work is already 8x10. I cannot choose Museum Etching since it cuts off the sides I really don't know how to get around this

Thanks

You want to go into the Layout tab in PSP and choose "Bordered (x1)"and you should be all set.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If you don't want the Canon required 30mm border on Fine Art paper ther are two things you can try.

1. First, choose Matte paper (not Fine Art Matte) and Letter paper (not fine art letter). Choose the same ICC profile and choose Borderd (x1). This hould give you a larger print on the paper. Print from manual feed and see if you get any black smudge marks on the paper. If not you should be all set.

2. If you do get smudges (which is why Canon has the 30mm border) then you can go into the printer driver and select Minimize Paper Abrasion. If I recall, you are on a Mac, so here are Mac instructions. Click the Apple icon on top left of screen. Select System Preferences. Select Printer & Scanners. Select Pro-100. Select Options & Supplies. Select Utility. Select Open Printer Utility. In the dropdown select Custom Settings. Checkmark "Prevent paper abrasion".

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I will give this a shot. I don't have a fine art or fine art letter option (Matte Photo Paper, Matte Photo Paper N) so I will just select matte photo paper and US Letter and I will leave the fine art profile. Thanks

Here's the settings you want for Matte paper.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have those settings except I have .500 not .501 thanks. No difference in matte photo paper and matte photo paper N from your experience?
Announcements