cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro-100 is leaving ink streaks along the sides of my photos

spiceyjelly42
Contributor

My printed photos have ink streaks along the sides, how to I fix this? I've done all the suggested cleanings per the Utilities drop down menu. I read something about the ink pads may be full? I only use Canon Ink cartridges. Looking for answers. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you have already performed bottom plate cleaning, then try the prevent paper abrasion setting.  Are you using heavy card stock?

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART157696&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm using Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster. It's streaking dark ink along the sides. When I make an Art print, Im using Lexjet Premium Archival Matte paper and there are no ploblems then. It's just when Im printing photos.

I spent almost an hour on the phone yesterday with a Canon rep, we went through many steps including removing all ink cartridges and inspecting the ink head (?), we tried several sizes of Canon Pro Luster photo paper, all had ink streaks on the edges. My printer is still under warranty so they're shipping me a new printer. The Rep said this printer should print on all paper used with no issues. Fingers crossed when the new one gets here.

Announcements