cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11x17 leaving huge border on top of the image

squirrelwitch
Apprentice

Hi, I am trying to print an image onto a 11x17 paper. Whenever i try to, the print always has about half and inch border on top/bottom of the image, and the width sides of the images aren't completely scaled nor fitted in my tabloid sized paper.

I have a window 7 and a Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II inkjet printer, and have made sure to:

-choose the 11x17 sized paper (as far as I see, I do ont see a tabloid option so i have no choice but to go with 11x17)

-i am printing in a landscape format

-this problem happens when i print in photoshop, pdf, and in Canon My Image Garden.

-the end result is VERY different than the preview window

-i chose borderless printing

i am attaching some images for further details.

let me know whether i am doing something wrong or missing something. 

please please help, thanks in advance!

printing problem.jpg

b9a33b3a-dc87-48e7-93ab-ae65ffbaacc1.jpg(this is a very thin part of my printed image, as you see on the top, there is a large white spaces of a boarder)

f468cc2a-2593-408d-860c-1029c2b8436c.jpg(and on the opposite width side of the image, the texts are cut off when i made sure they are fitted them in 11x17 measurement in photoshop)

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download and install Print Studio Pro and give a try printing with that. It does a good job of setting all the correct switches in Photoshop.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-professional-inkj...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You have WIn 7 and PS ?  Right?

You also have something set wrong in PS.  I suspect the printer is doing exactly what you are telling it to. Unless the printer is faulty. It does print other things correctly?

One main most thing is to make sure PS is handling all the instructions to the printer.  Meaning you are not doubling up and the printer has some controll too.  Turn off all printer control in the menu.

Now check all your PS print settings.

"-this problem happens when i print in photoshop, pdf, and in Canon My Image Garden."

This seems odd to me.  First, why are you printing a pdf with PS?  Second, is My Image Gardne adding something.  Stop using it and just print directly from PS.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements