cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7765i Custom Original Size

tild
Apprentice

Hello all,

I am normally fairly adept at figuring out IT things, but copiers have always eluded me. I am using a Canon Imagerunner Advance DX C7765i. Here is my goal-

Copy a page that is 9x12"

Into a page that is 8.5x11"

Theoretically, this should be simple. But the copier, even though the platen glass is large enough, does not have an option to scan the 9x12" area. If left to automatic detecting, it will choose letter and simply cut off the portions of the page that do not fit in that area.

I am looking for a way to register a custom original paper size of 9x12". This is possible in scan and send, but I have not found an intuitive way of adding it in the copy function. My instinct tells me that there is a toggle in service mode that will make the option appear in the settings menu?

I would love a step by step instruction on how to achieve this perfectly. It is such a simple task for an advanced computer, surely it is possible...

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I found something in the Online Manual which hopefully will lead you to a solution.

See the link "Enlarging or Reducing Copies" on the above page. 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you for your response.

I am not seeing anything in this page of the Online Manuel which does what I am trying to do. 

I need to make a new "Original Size" of 9x12". Using the reduce function only reduces the area scanned inside the dimensions of letter size. I need it to scan an area of 9x12" and then reduce that down to letter.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Try adjusting scaling percentage.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements