cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5535i: Post-Drum Replacement Print Issues

laurhad94
Apprentice

Hello. I have a 5535i Cannon office printer. I print funeral programs with a textured background, text and photos. Our machine was serviced on Friday and the B, C&Y drums were replaced. We did test prints before, after the black drum was replaced and prints looked good, but was still showing faint banding typical of a drum going bad. Our tech then replaced the Cyan and Yellow drums. After that, my files began printing with a noticeable yellow to magenta gradient on my background. One printed with a purple tint. The color also seems to be banded. It only changed the color on my background file, other linked picture files are fine.  The photos and text are unchanged. The color change seems to be limited to my background file. I tried multiple different photo shop files, same noticeable gradient tint. Exported those photos as jpg, same problem. Switched from printing from mac to pc, same problem. The tech said it's a problem with my file, but I'm having the same issue, regardless of the file I use. They're going to replace the imaging belt this week. Auto Correct Color Mismatch failed four times before going through on a fifth attempt. Beyond replacing the belt and uninstalling and reinstalling my print drivers, can anyone think of anything I'm missing? I daily print these files and have never had an issue. The problem only began after the Cyan and Yellow drums were replaced. The tech said "you'd compensated for the color correction for so long, you need to adjust your files." I've tried, it's not fixing my problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, however, your Canon authorized dealer will be able to help you.

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area.

I have a dealer. 😄 They have historically been great help. However, I'm not getting help from them on this solution and attempting to crowd source a solution from someone who has had a similar issue.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements