cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4050 Series won't actually print

Theok65
Apprentice
Hi there. I've got an issue with setting up a Canon ImageRunner 4050 printer and having it print.  I downloaded the driver install files from the Canon website.

I can get the drivers installed and it seems to start printing through the Windows queue but it just pops up in the queue, seems to go through, and disappears. I have had someone try to print something and the printer sounds like it's starting up but nothing comes out.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2

Kristoff
Rising Star

Thanks for joining the conversation, Theok65!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

We hope this helps!

While I do appreciate the response and guidance towards support through your dealer network, I find it immensely disappointing that something as simple as printer driver installation and configuration requires escalation to a technician. For simple document printing (which is all that the user requires) I would expect that the process would be as simple as any existing printers currently in market.

Initiating a print job, seeing it go through the spooler, and then hearing the machine warm up as the print job hits it and ultimately no print coming out is frustrating, to say the least.

Announcements