Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-2000: color changed without reason

markchentx
Apprentice

Printer Model: Canon PRO-2000

Computer Mac Pro 2019 macOS Ventura 13.6.9

Hello,

I have had my PRO 2000 for years and have been using Epson Metallic Photo Glossy with great results. The prints all of a sudden changed a few days ago, they appear disaturated. Some small area seem to be over sprayed with ink which formed a blob of color. The same image didn't produce the problem in previous prints.

There's no streak. I've done nozzle check and it showed no problem. I'd tried color calibration and didn't make difference. I've reinstalled ICC profile. None of these made and difference. 

Any idea what could have caused this and how to fix it? Thanks!

Mark Chen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One thing to try on a Mac when printer starts acting up is reinstall the Canon IJ Series printer driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One thing to try on a Mac when printer starts acting up is reinstall the Canon IJ Series printer driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

You got it John. This morning I lost sleep thinking about this and thought maybe I should try a new driver. I downloaded one and realized the latest version is what I had, and I thought this wouldn't do. But I tried anyway, and it fixed the problem! So it's a corrupted driver!

Looking back, there were other signs, including the Photoshop and printer dialogues interaction became slow and erratic, bringing out the deadly rainbows sometimes, and the print quality setting went off for no reasons. 

@markchentx wrote:

You got it John. This morning I lost sleep thinking about this and thought maybe I should try a new driver. I downloaded one and realized the latest version is what I had, and I thought this wouldn't do. But I tried anyway, and it fixed the problem! So it's a corrupted driver!

Looking back, there were other signs, including the Photoshop and printer dialogues interaction became slow and erratic, bringing out the deadly rainbows sometimes, and the print quality setting went off for no reasons. 

Sometimes it just seems to happen with no apparent changes to computer.

As a p[recaution I always reinstall the driver following a macOS update.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

And you might have gotten this right again, John. The OS was automatically revised recently. It might have disturbed the driver. 

Announcements