cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iR-ADV C5860 + A1 booklet unit / Can't produce booklets

Lodger1
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm running MacOS 12.6.3 with V4.17.13 PS drivers and trying to print an A5 booklet from Indesign 2023.

The document contains 88 A5 pages, which should typically be converted down to 22 sheets of double-sided A4 in order to make up the booklet. But the printer is reporting it's too many pages to fold & stitch.

On other printers, I'd normally set the printer page size to A4 landscape and use InDesign's print booklet and select fold & stitch which sends spreads (with pages re-ordered) to the printer.

But on the iR-ADV C5860, the booklet option in the drivers only appears when I've set the paper size to artwork size (A5). The driver seems to take the A5 artwork and automatically re-sorts the pages into an A4 booklet, without the need for me to use Indesign's print booklet feature.  The rip receives the print job and counts the pages as 88, not the final 22 sheets and refuses to print & stitch as it's now over the fold unit limit.

Is there any workaround?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Lodger1!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Lodger1
Apprentice

"Canon Community" - About as useful as giving a bald man, a hairbrush

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements