cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasted paper between pages Imageprograf pro-2100

josequinta
Apprentice

Hello!

I bought a Canon Imageprograf pro-2100 two weeks ago.

We print photography documents of 60 borderless pages of 24" x 10" (aprox) from Adobe InDesign.

Between pages, printer cuts 2" of paper. 2" x 60 cuts = 120" of paper waste. 

I configured all options of paper and device to prevent top and bottom margins, but does not works.

I only have managed it setting cut mode to Manual (and cutting each page with scissors). Printer starts to print next page at lead edge, yes! Without paper waste (but a lot of time wasted instead).

How can we do to prevent paper waste?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

josequinta
Apprentice

I'm thinking about returning this machine. Tried all configuration posibilities and a lot of hours (and paper) wasted and Canon does not offer any support to this. Completly dissapointed.

Hi, josequinta!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for your answer, Danny!

I called to official Canon support of Spain, but they not offers any solutions to this issue at the moment.

This print issue could be happen by a firmware error on last update?

Thanks, have a great day too!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi josequinta,

When printing borderlessly, the edge will always be cut off.  The only way to save paper would be to do what you have already done, that is to set the cutting mode to Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MaxwellES
Apprentice

Did you get a solution?

Announcements