cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImagePROGRAF TM200 error code EC21-2F51

juliecIOM
Apprentice

I keep periodically getting this error message but my printer then works when i turn it off and on again - do I really need to spend £300 on a new print head or is a simple alignment or clean needed? Its had an easy life so far?

5 REPLIES 5

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JuliecIOM,

That error points to a problem with the hardware and the cause would usually be the print head. There is a chance that the printer itself needs service and it is not a print head issue. In this situation I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Our agents would be happy to assist with the issue.

Hi juliecIOM,

Can you share with us what was the sollution in your case? Because i have exactly this error. I need to know, if i change the printhead, the error stop to showing up?

Thank you verry much.

The error came more often ... I changed the print head and now the error has gone ... I also had to replace two cartridges tho as it uses a lot of ink to prime the new print head 👍🏻 Hope this helps you.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I forgot to mention. My custommer used compatible cartridges because every time he started the printer and every print job, a lot of ink was consumed by the cleaning process he did every time. I hope the compatible ink is not the cause of the error.

Did your printer have print quality issues before?
Now the print head is so clogged because in service mode, print nozzle check was only in black and red.

I'm glad everything's fine with your printer.
Good luck!

I've only ever used genuine Canon inks, I find they last really well.

Announcements