cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy 1 side to 1 side - ImageRunner advance DX c3725i

BethP
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to Copy a 1 sided document to a 1 sided document?

I have search youtube and the owners manual and it looks like you can only do 2 sided documents which is crazy.

For instance- I have 6 pages than I need to copy for a shareholder meeting of 4 people. So when I put the 6 pages into the top feeder, it will take the 6 pages and turn them into 3 pages double sided. I have pushed every button, but there is no way that I can find to turn this feature off. 

(note- I am NOT talking about printing from my computer to the printer. I am talking about using the Copy feature at the actual printer.)

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

markcox
Contributor

I have an update.  (Clearly my users have been having the same issue on the new fleet of Canon copiers we just purchased haha)  There is a much easier way to resolve this issue.  If you want ALL copies to default to 1-SIDED ONLY then the easiest resolution is,

1. Go to copy screen

2. Hit the highlighted button that says "2 sided"

3. While in this screen hit "cancel settings".  This will bring you back to the copy home-screen.  Your icon should now be un-highlighted.

4. Hit the menu button (the three lines in the upper right hand corner) and select "change default settings".

5. Click "register" and say yes to the prompt that says "Set current settings to default"

6. Enjoy hassle-free 1-sided copies as your default from now on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

markcox
Contributor

Hi Beth!

This is a bit vexing for sure.  If you select the option 2sided to 1sided it will print all of your 2 sided documents on only 1 side.  It will also then print all of your 1 sided documents as 2 1 page documents 1 with content and 1 blank (there is a fix for this issue).  

First, go to your "copy screen" from the home menu.  Next, click the page setting icon which is typically the 2nd icon from the left after "finishing".  From this window click 2 sided to 1 sided.  Now you will only copy 1 sided.  

To address blank page printing (which will now occur on all 1 sided documents with the selected option above) press the "options" button.  Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen using the up and down arrows on your right hand side of the user-interface.  Option page 4 will include a "skip blank pages" feature.  Click this and select "all colors".  Your device will now copy all documents as 1 sided and skip any blank pages.  So for example if you copy 1 2-sided doc and 1 1-sided doc you will get 3 sheets in the copy output tray.  

Please note, if you have some 1-sided documents that have "bleed-thru" the Canon may still pick that up from the ADF and copy 1 sheet as the front and a blank sheet as the back.  You can adjust bleed-thru sensitivity on the "density" page by clicking "bleed-thru" detection on or off or manually adjust the sensitivity by clicking "adjust".  

Hope this helps!

markcox
Contributor

I forgot to add this link:  Check the link for this model's online manual (much easier to navigate than the full manual that comes with your machine)

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-4831-zz-CS-357-enUS/

markcox
Contributor

I have an update.  (Clearly my users have been having the same issue on the new fleet of Canon copiers we just purchased haha)  There is a much easier way to resolve this issue.  If you want ALL copies to default to 1-SIDED ONLY then the easiest resolution is,

1. Go to copy screen

2. Hit the highlighted button that says "2 sided"

3. While in this screen hit "cancel settings".  This will bring you back to the copy home-screen.  Your icon should now be un-highlighted.

4. Hit the menu button (the three lines in the upper right hand corner) and select "change default settings".

5. Click "register" and say yes to the prompt that says "Set current settings to default"

6. Enjoy hassle-free 1-sided copies as your default from now on.

That worked!! 

Thanks a million!

glad to hear it!  good luck and happy printing 🙂 

Announcements