cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-4000 Immediately Runs out of Ink for PBK

nik_lockett
Apprentice

My Canon-4000 PBK ink keeps running out immediately after loading in a new ink cartridge.  The printer makes a gurgling noise after loading the new cartridge like the ink is going somewhere and draining from the cartridge.  Then, next time I go to print something I get a message that the ink tank is empty.  I loaded in two 160mL Canon PFI-1100 Photo Black Pigment Ink Tank cartridges and have experienced this back-to-back.  When I run a test print page, all the ink tanks are printing.  When I run a print job, the printer stops printing the job due to the PBK Ink showing empty.  When I inspect the cartridge and shake it, it appears to be empty although full when I loaded them into the printer.  Please help me understand what could be happening and suggestions on ways to resolve.

13 REPLIES 13

Hello Eric,

They upgrade the printer software, version is 02.19.

After they changed the whole unit and all the left cartridges without charge for the spare parts.

But in the mean time after the software upgrade (3 weeks) the problem didn't occur.

Hope it will help.

Think about it logically, how on earth can a software update repair a leaking sub tank, I don’t understand why people reply with bs just to sound like they know what they are talking about, all their doing is giving people a false hope, it’s a consumable part that can only be replaced, not reliably repaired, and no software update with fix a broken seal 

Sorry, but I don’t believe your issue was a leaky sub tank, a software update will not repair a leaking sub tank, it can’t be fixed, only replaced.

I updated the firmware, but now I suspect that I have (2) 700ml ink cartridges of ink pooling in that area.  How did you get to that section in the printer?

Announcements