cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageRUNNER Printer IPP Driver for Windows ARM64

iieeann
Contributor

I have a Canon ImageRUNNER Advance C3325 copier. Recently, I bought a Surface Pro 11 laptop with an ARM processor, but I am stuck with no official printer driver from Canon.

After spending some times with this driver issue, I found the Microsoft PCL6 driver works for this printer, but only basic functions are offered.  There is no driver base control for colour printing, and most importantly no Duplex printing function.

Next solution I found and probably the best available now is to use Microsoft IPP driver.  To use this driver, first you need to login the canon web interface.  You need to get the Username and Password from your IT admin; or use the default Administrator 7654321.   

Inside the Canon web interface, go into Portal>settings.  under left panel Preferences>Network Settings, at right panel look for IPP Print Setting.  Tick the "Use IPP" and leave the bottom 2 SSL/authentication options blank.

Now in your Windows ARM, you can add device> add a printer using IP address > choose "IPP device" and NOT TCP/IP or autodetect.  It will scan for 1-2 minutes and the IPP driver is added.

IPP driver has colour printing control as well as Duplex printing.  More control over the pathetic PCL6 driver.  

I hope this helps, I searched in the web and see many users stuck with Canon ARM64 driver.  IPP driver is the best solution so far.  Do not hope for support from Canon, they don't [care] about ARM64.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements