cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C810 - mail merged text missing letters

nicktERA
Apprentice

Hey folks, 

Got a weird one today that has been stumping me for months now. 

We do a lot of work involving mail merging Excel docs into marketing pieces. I've noticed that sometimes the printer will just... not print certain letters/characters in the mail merge field. All letters/characters are fine in non-mail merged parts of the marketing piece. 

One thing I have noticed is it tends to happen more frequently when I am cranking through dozens of jobs in a row with no break for the printer. I am wondering if this may have something to do with the heat inside the printer peeling off letters somehow? 

I have attached a photo of some cards that I have noticed issues on. First card is supposed to say "Casaletto", second is supposed to say "Attn: Paula True North Coffee", third is supposed to say "Onamog", fourth "Geoffroy" and "Westford", and last is missing a "#" sign before the unit.

Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't happen on every card but on enough to where they can't go out as-is. 20220831_115229.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, nicktERA!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imagePRESS-series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Hey Danny! 

I appreciate the reply. I have a dealer but when I initially brought it up to my contact, I was informed it was most likely a software issue although I have not had anyone out to come check it out in person. It is an issue that tends to pop up intermittently so I'm just poking around for any ideas before I make any next steps. 

I will be in contact with my dealer in the future regarding this though!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements