cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding on new imagePROGRAF PRO-2600

number8
Contributor

Hi,

I have a problem with banding on two new Canon ImagePrograf 2600. The banding is present in dark grey areas and is both running horizontally and vertically (see attached images).

I have done a Service Nozzle Check which indicates that 5 - 10 nozzles are clogged. 

I'm onto the second machine, it was replaced by Canon yesterday under warranty, and I'm still having the same issues.

Anyone with a similar experience or any idea on what could be the problem here?

IMG_8952-sharpened.jpgIMG_8949-sharpened.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

What kind of paper is this? And what paper type and profile are you using?

This is with all PK ink papers including Canon Pro Luster. I'm using the paper manufacturers supplied AM1x files for media types and ICC profile.

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

What I'm seeing here doesn't look like banding. It looks like paper rippling as it's getting wet by the ink. But it doesn't look like a "banding" issue. What's strange though is that I can't imaging Luster doing that, unless it's really thin. I've seen this occasionally on matte papers and rice paper where the paper ripples with ink saturation. 

Sorry, that's all I've got. 

Thank you for your response. You might be right, but I have encountered some other issues as well which makes me believe it’s hardware related. I got a loaner 2100 and it works perfect with same materials, settings etc.

ukrsonic
Contributor

Curious to know, have you been in contact with Canon Customer Service? What did they tell you? Have you got it sorted out?

ukrsonic
Contributor

Our technician called them, and we followed all the steps I mentioned in my list. It didn't help. I assume this is a firmware issue; it doesn't do enough ink pumping.

Announcements