cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan utility not working for Canon MF260 Series

carrie22
Apprentice

I have a MF264dw and have been using the Canon MF Scan Utility for 260 Series which was working fine until today.  I am able to print fine but when I try to scan I get an error message that says:

"Cannot communicate with the scanner. The cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off.  Check the scanner status and try again.  Scanner driver will be terminated."

The unit is on so clearly not "turned off" and the connection is fine because I can print ok.  I was never able to get the wireless function to work and gave up so it stays directly wired to my computer.  I have tried uninstalling the scan utility and downloading & installing the most recent version and get the same error message.

Not sure what else to do. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nohart
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Carrie22,

We would be happy to further assist with this issue. To provide some trouble shooting steps or suggestions, we would need some additional information. If you could reply with the information below, we can further assist.

• What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  • Did this begin after updating your OS or installing security software? If so, which program did you install?

win 11 same issue just bought this prints like 2 months ago was working fine until today

nohart
Contributor

I am running Win11. I fixed it by downloading the Canon Scan utility - https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/can...

Announcements