cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem detecting Pixma Pro 100

Slipperman
Apprentice

here's my story..

i bought my printer initially in Nov 2014 but never set it up because i didn't have room for it in my tiny apartment. that was back when my Dell PC was running Windows 8.1. i have since upgraded to Windows 10 (July 2015) and have installed all updates.

just recently i closed on a condo and moved in a week ago. since i now have that much more space to utilize, i decided it was time to set up my printer once my computer was up and running. i installed the ink cartridges then pulled out the Pixma setup CD for Windows which was labeled U 1.2.

i turn the printer on in prep for the install and before i even attampt it, noticed that the blue wifi light was already lit up as if it recognized my wireless network setup. 

so i start the install and on the first screen it clearly states you need a wireless modem which i have. i select 'Network Connection' (for my wifi) then 'Wireless Connection'. the next screen says to make sure the printer is turned on which it is but again, so is the blue wifi light. i click 'Next' then 'Connect to Network' and 'WPS'.

i'm now on the screen that says this..

4-1 Connection Using WPS

press what button?

since i didn't know what to do, i kept going. eventually it gets to the point where it tries to detect the printer and this test fails every time...

i also tried downloading these files from your web site..

p86l-win-pro_100-1_06-ea32_2.exe

xp68-win-pro_100-5_86-ea32_2.exe

fuu_-win-pro_100-1_2-ea7.exe

but to no avail.

appreciate any help if you had any luck at all in comprehending what i said. 

1 REPLY 1

Slipperman
Apprentice

forgot to to repaste this text in the middle..

Press and hold the Wi-Fi button (A) on the printer when you are ready to press the button on the access point.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements