cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WINDOWS 10 - switched networks - new router. MP495 wireless connection process won't complete.

WeebleSue
Apprentice

1. I have downloaded everything that I can download that is current for my printer, MP495. 

2. I turned OFF my firewall. 

3.I have read several forums trying to find a solution - it seems everyone wants to point to (A) software i've already downloaded, (b) mauals i already have (c) and have read, or (d) procedures i've already tried. 

4. I have reset my printer to the factory settings. 

5. I put the CD in my computer, run the setup, and do Easy Installation. It gets to the point where I have turned my printer on (YES IT IS ON), and connected the printer to my computer via USB (YES it is connected - i can create the printer on my computer directly by using this very USB cable). 

5.1 - After setting up the printer on my PC, i have UNINSTALLED the drivers using MP Drivers Uninstaller. Then tried to set up wirelessly. 

6. The software seems to find the printer. It says it is communicating with the printer. I get an error "there was an error with the printer." That's all, nothing else. I NEVER get the next step where it has detected access points. 

7. I have repeated this 7 times now, using different cables, different USB ports on my PC, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. Still same result. 

8. The printer worked perfectly fine connected to my old network where i had my own modem+router. My cable company insisted I have their modem/router unit because of the phone bundling I signed up for. There is no manual for it and there is NO help on their website. 

What else can I try? 

Susan

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Uninstall both the MP Drivers and the IJ Network Tool from the computer. 

Once this has been done, disconnect the USB cable from the printer before reinstalling the latest MP Drivers from our website.  This should take you through the wireless setup. 

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements