cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After I switched from Verizon to Time/Warner my wireless printer won't connect to my computers.

mikegockel
Apprentice

The stored passwords are for the old Verizon setup. I don't see a place to change to the new Time/Warner login name and password. Where can I do this?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check the owner's manuals for all of your gear for instructions on wireless setup. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

You can find the product support page for your Canon gear at the above link.  Begin typing the model number, followed by a space, and then select your model from a list that should appear after a couple of seconds.

My advice to anyone setting up a home LAN is to use your own router.  Do not rely on the router provided by your ISP.  Because you will find yourself in the exact situation in which you now find yourself.....having to completely reconfigure your entire LAN.

By using your own router, your ISP router simply provides Internet access.  If you change providers, or if your ISP changes gear, the change is invisible to your LAN.  Using your own router is more secure, too. Most routers allow you to create of list of valid MAC addresses that can wirelessly connect, rejecting all others.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have this problem...only the cable company requires that I use their router because of the phone bundling. I don't have a choice. 

What do you advise? 

@WeebleSue wrote:

I have this problem...only the cable company requires that I use their router because of the phone bundling. I don't have a choice. 

What do you advise? 

Use your own router for your local LAN.  Use the cable company box to supply an Internet signal to your LAN. The cable company change boxes, or you can change cable companies, it doesn't matter.  The Internet signal does not change, no more than the video signal from a DVD would change if you change brands of the player.

Besides, you will find technical support will be widely available with your own router.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements