cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf210 series Google Cloud Print error: could not acquire information necessary for registration

ttulinsky
Apprentice

I'm in Remote UI [Settings/Registration][Network Settings]  [Google Cloud Print Settings].

I turned on Google Cloud Print in Basic Settings.

When I click Register  I get the error message "could not acquire information necessary for registration". 

Am following Canon Knowledge Base - Printing with Google Cloud Print (MF216/MF217/MF227/MF229) 

Cloud print is turned On in the printer's Network Settings.

Added: 

I'm on a Windows 7sp1 Dell 14z laptop. But it shouldn't matter because all the above steps were done on the printer control panel, or the printer's Remote UI. 

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the device or operating system you are trying to print from.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email athttp://bitly.com/CanonEmailor by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Thanks for asking.

Windows 7sp1 Dell 14z laptop.

But it shouldn't matter because all the above steps were done on the printer control panel, or the printer's Remote UI in a web browser.

Hi ttulinsky.

I will be glad to assist you.

The printer's firmware will need to be updated.  To update the firmware, please follow the instructions below at the printer:

1.  Press [Menu].

2.  Select [System Management Settings].

3.  Select [Update Firmware].

4.  Select [Via Internet].

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the update.

If you still need assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be glad to help you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

alvinbunk
Apprentice

I had this same error and on my MF212w I had to set the Date/Time.

After that I could register my printer on Google Cloud print.

Announcements